World Jenny’s Day 2023 Fundraisers
PM Rishi Sunak Supports and Endorses World Jenny’s Day
WORLD JENNY’S DAY SAFARI CYCLE RIDE
– FROM KILIMANJARO TO KENYA COAST – 20-26 August 2023
HAVE SUITCASE WILL TRAVEL TO KENYA!
Are you ready for an unforgettable safari adventure on a bicycle?
From near Kilimanjaro, through to Tsavo, and all the way to the white beach of Watamu, you’ll see breathtaking landscapes and incredible wildlife up close!
Join us in Kenya for a 6-day cycle safari with experienced guides and backup vehicles.
- 5 x half days on the road on your bike passing through the TSAVO EcoSystem (6 days in all)
- Distances to suit you
- Afternoons at your leisure to chill, with evening Game/Wildlife Drive & Sundowners
- Camp Fire 🔥 Stories about the Day’s Adventures
Distances to suit You and Yours …
From 20 to 30km Morning Rides
40 – 60km Rides (the norm)
80km longer morning rides on some days, for those who choose/need to ride further.
Afternoons at rest followed by 5pm Game Drives and 6pm Sundowners
You don’t have to be a Cyclist to join this Safari
Supporters and well-wishers / spouses and friends can come along as well – to also help raise funds + enjoy the the adventure & enjoy make special memories on Safari
You can choose when and how long you want to cycle each day. Back-up Vehicles are there to support You.
Medals up for grabs
If you are able to ride your bike around 60km per day for days, you earn a Gold Medal.
This is a comfortable distance to ride between 7am and lunch time each day, finishing sometimes for a late lunch.
Average 40km per day, some 200km in 5 days for you to be awarded a Silver Medal.
Each day you can build up a little credit of Km towards your goal, when or if the time allows.
Youngsters or those not feeling at their fittest can cycle just 20km a day over 5 days which makes of 100km if you’d like to be awarded a Bronze Medal.
THE BUTTERFLY FLOATING TROPHY
Handcrafted Especially for World Jenny’s Day Cycle Safaris
Will YOU be the recipient of the 2023 Floating Butterfly Trophy?
This Trophy will be awarded to the highest fundraiser to raise funds for World Jenny’s Day 2023 over and above the basic £500 included in the participation fee.
Cycle Safari Guides
The Safari is run by Kenyan Professional Safari Guides, Chris & Janine Angell
– with 33 years of Cycling Safari experience in 7 African countries, as well as the UAE/Oman & Australia.
They cycle in safe areas mainly amongst the plains’ game.
More information and itinerary
Cost for the Safari Cycle Ride is £2550.
£500 goes towards World Jenny’s Day and £2050 goes towards to the support of the ride, including your Twin Sharing Accommodation and Meals.
– Single supplements available most nights (subject to you liaising in advance).
– When cycling through a National Park, Armed Rangers join the Support Team.
- Transfer from Voi to Ziwani Lodge, if travelling on 20 August by SGR Train from Nairobi to Voi.
- 6 Days Cycling Tsavo West & East Game Park through to a Tropical Kenyan Beach.
Experienced Guide and Team with Back-Up Vehicles.
- Refreshment Stops – Water every 10km & Snacks to replenish every 30km.
- Bicycle provided if required or ideally bring your own (FOR EARLY BIRD CYCLISTS ONLY).
- 6 Nights in Safari Lodges/Luxury Camps and Coast Hotel – in shared twins.
- Free Collection and transfer to Ziwani for noon arrival SGR Passengers from Nairobi to Voi on 20 August.
- Airfares to/from Kenya
- Transport to Ziwani Camp at start of Safari Cycle on 20 August (unless you travel by SGR Train from Nairobi to Voi – Noon arrival Voi)
- Transport after completion of Safari at Watamu Beach on 26 August
- Tsavo National Park Entrance Fee
- Flying Doctor – compulsory & recommended $35
ANNOUNCING AN ADDITIONAL EPIC JOURNEY
Karen Darke’s EPIC SEA to SUMMIT World Jenny’s Day Event September 2023
Karen Darke MBE – British Gold Paralympian Hand-Cyclist and her team of friends are summiting Mt. Kilimanjaro with a film crew in September for World Jenny’s Day!
Karen recently completed an epic cycle over Antarctica on a custom-made tricycle, which has now been adapted for her to cycle both our WJD Safari Cycle Ride through Kenya in August AND also for her ascent up Mt. Kilimanjaro.
We are delighted to reveal an exciting fundraiser for Karen Darke’s EPIC SEA to SUMMIT World Jenny’s Day Event.
In September 2023, Karen, a British Paralympic Gold Medalist Cyclist, and her companions and film crew will scale Kilimanjaro, with Karen hand-pedaling up on a custom-made tricycle.
Our one-of-a-kind fundraising campaign is the perfect accompaniment to this awe-inspiring undertaking. Kilimanjaro’s peak stands at 19,340 feet, and we’re inviting everyone to donate anything from as little as £1 to whatever amount they can afford to contribute.
We’ve made the summit of our fundraiser when we reach £19,340!
We’d be thrilled to have you join us in supporting this vital non-profit and being a part of this remarkable journey.
To participate in this fundraiser, visit : https://gofund.me/8b280742
12-HOUR DJ MARATHON – 15th April
GET READY TO MARK YOUR CALENDARS because on April 15th, you won’t want to miss the 12 Hour DJ Marathon featuring UK Radio DJ Neil Long and 6 other talented UK Radio DJs.
This online event is all about having fun and raising funds for World Jenny’s Day 2023.
Trust us, you won’t be able to resist tapping your feet and dancing along to the amazing tunes.
Neil and his team have hosted this fundraiser before for World Jenny’s Day and everyone who attended had an absolute blast!
Make sure to save the date:
WHEN: April 15th, 2023
TIME: 9AM to 9PM UK time
WHERE: You can catch the event online at https://www.mixcloud.com/live/longie
We can’t wait to have you join us for an unforgettable experience!